Start your session with being conscious about your breathing and state of spirit. Breathe slowly, clear your mind and let your emotions guide you for a while so as to get to know your body. There are a few different flows for quick yoga practice if you have a time restraint.
The most basic is the Suryanamaskar. Try and do 5 of these in a row for a whole body warm up. This routine involves 12 movements with some repetitions. Best time to do this is in the early morning for the full benefits. It is a respectable exercise all on its own.
Pick any 5 asanas and practice everyday before having breakfast. These poses are highly beneficial for working professionals, students and homebodies to kick start their day with positive energy. Try and hold each pose for a minimum for 5 in-out breaths at a steady pace.
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose) A quick way to generate heat in the body & build up energy.
2. Goddess pose (Utkata Konasana) Great way to stretch and strengthen the hip muscles. Elongates the spine. This pose is from a family of hip openers, check them out here.
3. Tree pose (Vrikshasana) Helps you to build balance and stability with tree pose. Strengthen and tone the small leg muscles.
4. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose) Tones the abdominal and massages the internal organs. Activates & balances the muldhara – root chakra.
5. Virabhadrasana (Warrior III) It activates the legs, the core and fires up Manipura – solar plexus chakra, encouraging feelings of confidence, determination and willpower.
6.Natarajasana (Dance pose) The back-bend opens the heart space and creates a surge of beautiful energy. Also, because it’s a balance pose it encourages equilibrium in both body and mind).
7. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Lord of fish pose) Helps stimulate the internal organs, promoting healthy digestion and encouraging detoxification.
8. Bhujanga Asana (Cobra pose) Helps in good blood circulation which is the key to staying energized and active.
9. Balasana (Child pose) Good way to relax and loosen up. Helps you to reduce stress and anxiety.
Another form of quick flow is through vinyasa yoga. The perfect vinyasa flow routine for beginner’s or yoga practitioner is like a dance, linking each physical movement with the breath and finding flow in every pose and transition. You can connect your breath with the poses and recreate your own style with different variations which is highly beneficial for a quick morning boost.
For example: You might decide that after a low lunge, you want to turn your body and go into goddess pose. Or you might decide to deepen the stretch and go into Lizard pose. Its up to you!! We always recommend a qualified yoga instructor of course, when you pick any asanas by yourself, stay within your limits.
Vinyasa Flow helps build and maintain strong bones, muscles and connective tissue to maintain a high metabolism, healthy posture, and an active and alive body.