DETOXIFICATION is a popular buzz word these days. It typically implies following a specific diet or using special products that claim to get rid of toxins out of your body, thereby improving health and promoting weight loss. Fortunately, your body is well-equipped to eliminate toxins and doesn’t require special diets or expensive supplements to do so. However, you can enhance your body’s natural detoxification system.
Your body has a sophisticated way of eliminating toxins that involves the liver, kidneys, digestive system, skin, and lungs. Still, only when these organs are healthy, can they effectively eliminate unwanted substances.
If you follow these 8 tips and make a part of your daily routine you can naturally detoxify your body:
- Limit Alcohol: Drinking too much alcohol reduces your liver’s ability to carry out its normal functions, such as detoxifying.
- Focus on Sleep: Adequate sleep allows your brain to reorganize, recharge, and eliminate toxins that accumulate throughout the day.
- Drink More Water: In addition to its many roles in your body, water allows your body’s detoxification system to remove waste products from your blood.
- Reduce Your Intake of Sugar and Processed Foods: Excess junk food consumption is linked to chronic diseases like obesity and diabetes. These conditions can cause harm to organs important to detoxifying, such as your liver and kidneys.
- Eat Antioxidant-Rich Foods: Consuming a diet rich in antioxidants helps your body reduce damage caused by free radicals and may lower your risk of diseases that can impact detoxification.
- Eat Foods High in Probiotics: Eating a diet rich in probiotics keeps your digestive system healthy, which is important for proper detoxification and immune health.
- Decrease Your Salt Intake: Consuming too much salt can increase water retention. You can eliminate excess water — and waste — by increasing your intake of water and potassium-rich foods.
- Get Active: Regular physical activity lowers inflammation and allows your body’s detoxification system to work properly.
Drinking freshly made juices can help your body absorb the nutrients better than eating whole fruits and vegetables and it gives your digestive system a rest from working on fiber. Juicing can reduce your risk of cancer, boost your immune system, help remove toxins from your body, aid digestion and help you lose weight. Fresh juices can give you a burst of energy and a clear mind.
Some of the most popular vegetables are carrots, cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, beets, and romaine. And the most popular fruits to use in juicing are lemons, pineapple, oranges, apples, and limes. Other add-ins are fresh ginger, parsley and turmeric.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- PINEAPPLE – Insanely good for immune booster. Helps you in digestion and good for heart problems. Rich with calories and vitamin C.
- SPINACH – The beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. It’s mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet.
- CUCUMBER – Since it’s 95% water, it’s an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function.
- LEMON – One of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as it’s a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens.
- CARROTS – Known for being a good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, and potassium. Carrots have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
- CELERY – Low in calorie since it is mostly water. It is a low-glycemic food and a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K.
- BEETS – Contain nutrients that may help lower your blood pressure, fight inflammation, and support detoxification.
- APPLES – “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is a famous saying for good reason. Helps to fight inflammation and heart health.
- ORANGES – Best remedy for quick immune system booster since it is high in Vitamin C and low in calories.
- GINGER – aids in digestion and supports the immune system.
HERE ARE THE FRUIT AND VEGETABLE JUICE COMBINATIONS BELOW:
GREEN BOOSTER: Spinach, Cucumber, Celery, Lemon, Ginger, and Apple.
Ingredients: 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves, 4 stalks Celery, 2 large Cucumbers, 1/2 Lemon, 2 medium Apples, 1-2 inch Ginger
BEET BOOSTER: Beets, Carrots, Lemon, Ginger, Apple.
Ingredients: 2-3 med-lg Beets, 4 Carrots, 2 medium Apples, 1/2 Lemon, 1-2 inch Ginger
PINEAPPLE BOOSTER: Pineapple, Lemon, Carrot, Celery, Ginger.
Ingredients: 2 cup Pineapple, ½ lemon, 1 carrot, 2 stalks Celery, 1 inch Ginger
TROPICAL CARROT: Carrots, Apples.
Ingredients: 10 large Carrots, 2 medium Apples
I hope you love these recipes! You may store it tightly in sealed jars or glasses in the refrigerator for 7-10 days. Shake or stir it well before drinking. But the BEST is instant consumption, helps you boost you immune with natural energy and vitamins and helps in detoxifying your body.
Bottom line is, some lifestyle and dietary modifications may enhance your body’s natural detoxification system.
Leave a comment below to let me know your favorite juice recipe!