A beautiful sattvic salad which is light and simple yet very satisfying. A gentle texture of the fresh spring leaves, complemented by sweetness and crispiness of an apple and contrasted with the tenderness of the avocado. A recipe to kick start your day with morning freshness, quick and simple to make!
- 5 ounces spring mix (organic)
- 1 avocado
- 1 sweet apple
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper
- Combine lemon juice with sea salt, black pepper, mustard in a small bowl. Holding a measuring cup with olive oil above the bowl slowly pour in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Continue whisking until dressing becomes slightly creamy. Set aside.
- De-core an apple and slice it very thin. Remove pit and skin from avocado and cut it in thin slices.
- Toss lettuce with half of the dressing.
- Top lettuce with apple, avocado slices, walnuts, pomegranates, drizzle with the rest of the dressing and serve.